- When are auditions held?
Auditions will be Tuesday, July 30th, at S
- Who do I contact to set up an audition?
If you or someone you know is interested in auditioning please call 937-619-9755 or email us through this website to schedule an audition time.
- What can I expect at the audition?
You should expect and be prepared to:
- Fill out a personal information form and/or bring a resume citing your musical background including performing experience and education.
- Sing one prepared solo in any style: art song, oratorio excerpt, or aria preferred
- Sing one contrasting song is welcome, but not required.
- Sight-sing the appropriate vocal line for your voice.
- Vocalize to the highest and lowest reaches of your range.
- Reproduce pitch patterns played from the piano.
- Who will I sing for?
You will sing for the Artistic Director.
- Will an accompanist be provided?
An accompanist will be provided for you, and you will be able to rehearse with him/her just before the audition. Please be sure copies of the music provided are in a readable format. Please let us know prior to your audition if you will be bringing your own accompanist.
- When will I find out about acceptance?
You can expect to hear a decision within 5 business days of your audition. The artistic director will contact you directly.
- If accepted, what is the time commitment required to be in this group?
If you accept an invitation to sing with Musica it is expected that you will:
- Attend and participate in weekly rehearsals (witha break around Christmas/New Year’s and for an extended period in the summer). Rehearsals are currently on Tuesday evenings from 7:00 to 9:00 PM.
- Attend and participate in dress rehearsals.
- Attend and participate in all Season Subscription Concerts (usually 3 weekends).
- Attend and participate in all additional concerts outside of the Subscription Series (usually between 2 and 4 a year).
- Attend and participate in any singer retreats.
- Attend and participate in the annual Musica Gala event (our annual fundraiser).
- You also may be asked to use some of your other talents in a more administrative role, by serving on one of our operating committees.
- Are there any costs associated with being in Musica?
Singers are expected to purchase the concert dress of your gender.GENTLEMEN wear tuxes with white shirts, black bow ties and cummerbund. (pocket squares may be provided)WOMEN wear concert dress formal attire – a blue skirt with a formal black top of the singer’s choiceFor casual concerts, singers select an ensemble of black, white, and grey attire.